Monday 21 January 2013

Tuna & Veggie stuffed pepper

I love stuffed peppers, mainly because there are endless ingredients you can stuff them with and they are so good for you. Red bell peppers have more vitamin C in them than a large orange, and they are gorgeous when roasted.

Although I call myself a veggie, I do eat fish, so I guess I'm a fish-a-tarian or Pescaterian as the better word for it is. I love fish, but it wasn't always the way. I learned to love it as I grew older and realised that there was more to it than fish fingers. Working in a posh fish restaurant in my late teens definitely help as I got to taste a lot that was on the menu.
There are days when I don't have time to get to the shops and get fresh fish, so a good ole can of Tuna comes in handy for a great source of protein.
Tuna can be quite bland, so in my opinion it needs a lot of seasoning, so I tend to use black pepper and chilli to liven it up a bit.

Ingredients:
Large bell pepper or 2 small ones
Can of Tuna in spring water
Grated cheese
Onion
Courgette
Fine Beans
Chilli flakes
Black pepper

Method:
Pre heat the oven to around 200f
Chop the top off the pepper to make a lid and de-seed. Cut any seeds or stem away from the lid.
Chop the veggie in to pieces including the onion. Place in a bowl and add the Tuna. Season to your taste and add the cheese. Mix together really well and stuff the pepper(s).
Place in an oven proof dish and cook for around 35-40 minutes.



Enjoy!
Jolie x

No comments:

Post a Comment