Monday 21 January 2013

Fish n Chips


Since eating Paleo foods, there isn't anything that I have really craved, apart from fish and chips. The village that I live in has quite possibly the best fish and chips around and Friday nights after training I can smell the smell that I love so much. I know that if I ate the stodgy potatoes and fried fish I would probably be disappointed with the feeling of bloated-ness that I would get from it, plus I have a competition in Portugal to stay healthy for!
I bought Rainbow Trout from Sainsbury's for about £2.40 from the fresh fish counter. Already this is half of what the chip shop would have charged me. I swapped the potatoes for sweet potatoes, both root vegetables, but sweet potatoes come from the Solanceae Family who's other members include tomatoes, eggplant and peppers.

Ingredients:

Rainbow Trout
Sweet Potato
Mange Tout
Lemon
Coriander
Black Pepper

Method:

Cut the sweet potatoes in to wedges and season with pepper and place on a baking tray and cook for 30 minutes.
The Rainbow trout like mine, may already be gutted, so just wash the fish and place on tin foil, more than enough to cover it. Slice the lemon and place inside the slit of the fish and add coriander and pepper to season. I had a lemon, but lime would be really nice instead.
Place in the oven and cook for about 17 minutes with the sweet potato.
Serve up the fish and potato wedges and put the mange tout in a pan with balsamic vinegar. Cook until ready.



Enjoy!

Jolie x

No comments:

Post a Comment