Wednesday 1 May 2013

No bun Veggie Burger and Sweet potato fries


Being a veggie, I have tried all of the veggie burgers out there and I can safely say that Linda McCartney 1/4 with mozzarella is by far the best tasting and no way rubbery that some are.
Last year after the Bournemouth Open, we all went round to Alex D'Souza's house for a BBQ. I made sure that we got the good ole Linda Mc Veggie burgers for me and everyone else tucked in to their meaty delights. One of the guys who was cooking at the BBQ couldn't believe it when he took my burgers off the BBQ. He thought they were meat and I even asked him to taste them to prove they weren't. He still thought they were beef, but they couldn't be!

I'd love to make my own veggie burgers, but today I'm going to cheat and just give you an idea how to eat them without having the bread bun. It is of course Iceberg lettuce. I made the burgers and oven cooked a flat mushroom with cheese and placed them in to a couple of lettuce leaves.
The sweet potato fries were really easy to make. I sliced them in to strips and covered them with some coconut oil and black pepper. You could add salt to them too, but I'm leaving the extra salt out of my diet for a while. 

Voila!

Enjoy!!



Tip: Pour out the juice from the mushroom before eating. If not, it will get very messy!

No comments:

Post a Comment