Wednesday 22 May 2013

Salmon Hot Pot

Life has been very busy lately. Busy with work, busy with training and busy being social. I'm not complaining, I love it when life is full. When it is, I still make time to eat well and very healthy.
On the lead up to the British Open last weekend, I had to be really organised making sure I had enough good food to take to work with me or make quickly when I was at home. I was borderline with my weight and had to be super careful as I had been for the past 5 weeks.

An old friend gave me this idea for a gorgeous filling meal. It's Salmon Hot Pot. It's so quick and easy to make and from start to finish will be ready on the table in 20 minutes. I know this because I had 45 minutes to get showered from the gym, dry my hair, make myself look pretty, and feed myself with something healthy before going out to work for the evening.
There was no chance that I was going to ruin my diet on the lead up to the British Open by making just a snack to go.

Here is how I made it.....

Ingredients:

Courgette
Carrot
Bell Pepper
Whole chilli
Bok Choi
Mushrooms
Salmon Fillet
Vegetable stock
Ginger
Black Pepper

Method:

Boil 2 pints of water and add the vegetable stock.
With a vegetable peeler, peel the courgette and carrot so they are long and thin pieces, a bit like thick noodles. I didn't use all of the veg, just half.
Chop the Pepper, chilli and mushrooms as well as the ginger and put everything, including the Bok Choi in a wok style pot if you have it, if not, a regular pot will be fine.
Slice the salmon in to pieces.
When the veg is cooked transfer to a large bowl that you will eat from and add the salmon to the dish. The salmon will cook in the bowl from the heat of the stock and won't over cook.

That's it, simple isn't it!?


Just so you know.....
I am now the new Featherweight blue belt British BJJ Champion



Eat healthy and feel good, then stand at the top of the podium.

Enjoy!
Jolie x

No comments:

Post a Comment