Wednesday 8 May 2013

Paleo Pizza

This week I've been doing a little experimenting. I received some Pea Protein in the post, and even though Pea is not Paleo, I wanted to try Josh Palmers Brocoli and Pea Protein bread. I did as the instructions said and added some herbs to the mix. It was ok, nothing special, a bit rubbery and after 2 slices I wasn't really interested in it anymore. Maybe it would make a good pizza base? So I cut it length ways through the middle and made a pizza from it. Still nothing special. Maybe the fact that it had Broccoli in it and I never eat broccoli, it plays havoc with my thyroid (as mine is slightly under active) and makes loosing weight that little bit harder.
After searching around, I found a recipe for a paleo pizza base and in true Jolie style, I change it to make it my own. You know what!? It's not bad at all, and thats why I'm telling you all about it.

Here is how I made it....

Ingredients:

1/2 Cup of whizzed up Cauliflower
1/2 Cup of ground Almonds
1 egg and 1 egg white
1 tablespoon of coconut oil


Method:

Heat the oven to 200 degrees C
Steam the Cauliflower until cooked and whizz it up in a food processor. You need 1/2 cup for the pizza base. Then add the ground almonds, eggs and melted coconut oil to the mix and whizz until it becomes a paste.
Transfer the ingredients on to a baking tray and make in to a flat circle (pizza base) and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. If you want to bottom to crust, you can flip over and cook for a further 3 minutes.
I made 2 small pizza's.

For the topping:

Per Pizza
2 Table spoons of Chopped tomatoes
1 Table spoon of Tomato paste
1 Teaspoon of mixed herbs
1/2 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
1/2 Teaspoon of Onion Powder
Topping of your choice - I chose mushrooms, sliced plum tomatoes, and slice of red pepper
Goats Cheese
Cheddar Cheese
Basil

Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl and get creative with your topping!
Cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the base has crisped.

Here is how mine turned out....


The Base before baking




 Toppings complete and ready for the oven


Pret a Manger. Nom, Nom, Nom


Enjoy!
Jolie x

No comments:

Post a Comment