Thursday 5 September 2013

Paleo Ice lolly's

It's been a while since I have put anything on here. The reason being is that I'm still in the process of moving my recipes to my website. It's a lengthy process when you have so many to transfer.

Since I last blogged, a lot has happened. I have signed up to the IBJJF Masters / Seniors worlds competition in Long Beach, California. The competition is  on 5th & 6th October. I gave myself 8 weeks to get prepared and drop 2.5kg.
I walk around at a really healthy 58-59kg, and for my size I feel good. For the competition I will be fighting in the Feather weight division of 58.5kg with my Gi on. This morning I weighed 58.1kg and have 4 weeks until the competition and to get myself to a respectable 56.5kg.

Last week, the stress of the competition set in. My training has been very good, my strength has been very good, but my running (what I need to do to drop the weight) has been very bad. In all honesty, I really dislike running. To me it's not fun and it's so boring. I only managed one 20 minute run in the whole week. Not only that, I stressed myself out about not being able to eat chocolate, sweets, bread or anything else that is not Paleo. I don't even really eat a lot of junk, so I don't know why I was stressing so much. I know that I was a nightmare to live with last week. Just ask my boyfriend Jason! Thankfully this week has been a lot better and the realisation that the competition is just around the corner is very much a reality and I'm enjoying being healthy.

Since Monday I have run 4 times, done 2 strength classes and tonight will be my 3rd Jiu Jitsu class of the week. I'm happy with that and I've still got tomorrow's training to go.

As it's been lovely and warm this week and the Indian summer is definitely settling in nicely. I thought what better way to enjoy it with a Paleo treat.

Here is a lovely recipe for Paleo Ice Lolly's. Just click on the link and it will take you there.
http://www.kineticmartialarts.co.uk/#!paleo-ice-lolly/c12m6
They are great for adults and even better for kids as the only sugar in them comes from the Raspberries.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment