Thursday 11 April 2013

What is Paleo?

For a few months now I have been posting my recipes and blog link to my facebook profile for friends to see and enjoy the food I make. Most people who train in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu are very concious of what they eat and constantly watch and keep their diet clean as much as possible.
When my friends look at my blog, I'm sure many are intrigued as to what paleo is, and how they can incorporate it to their every day lifestyle.

This is what Wiki-pedia says: The paleolithic diet, also popularly referred to as the caveman dietStone Age diet and hunter-gatherer diet, is a modern nutritional plan based on the presumed ancient diet of wild plants and animals that various hominid species habitually consumed during the Paleolithic era—a period of about 2.5 million years which ended around 10,000 years ago with the development of agriculture and grain-based diets. In common usage, such terms as the "Paleolithic diet" also refer to the actual ancestral human diet

All Paleo boils down to is natural raw foods, lean meat, fish, dairy, fruit, veg and seeds. Food that does not come from a packet or been processed from grains.






Eating the Paleo way helps if you have IBS and find that bread or starchy foods bloat you.
The food is colourful and healthy and the fats that are in the food are good fats that our body needs.


Junk food is out of the question. To get these images I googled 'Beige Food'. 




The idea of my food blog was to use the Paleo idea, but make the recipes Veggie and Pescatarian friendly. I don't eat meat, not because of animal rights decision, just because I don't like it.

The recent horse meat scandal in the UK has proved that with processed food, you do not know what you are getting. If you choose to eat meat, get it from a good source, a local butcher or fresh meat counter.
I also want to show people that it's not difficult to cook with fresh ingredients. Most of the meals that I make can be made in around 30-60 minutes and as they are fresh, they can be frozen and heated up when you're ready.

If you're still unsure of what Paleo is, have a look at this simple chart that a Crossfit trainer I know added to Facebook one day.

Make sense? I hope so.

Enjoy eating the Paleo way, you'll feel great!

Jolie x

No comments:

Post a Comment