Friday 22 February 2013

Shepherds Paleo Pie

Since I have been writing this food blog, I've had a lot of feedback from people, especially my Brazilian Jiu Jitsu friends. Everyone has been so keen to share their ideas with me on what they have found, eaten and love that is Paleo.

My friend Chris Cruze posted a recipe for Shepherds pie for me on my facebook page, but it wasn't veggie friendly, so I have modified it and its here, veggie, healthy and paleo friendly. It even got the thumbs up from my mum. Thanks Chris!

Ingredients:

Quorn Mince
Red Onion
Sugar snap Peas or regular peas
Carrot
Cauliflower
Cheese
Vegetable stock

Method:

Boil the kettle and add 200ml water to the veg stock. Fry the onion and add the veg stock, carrots, peas and Quorn mince. While the filling is cooking on the hob, bring the cauliflower to the boil in a pan and cook until soft. Drain the cauliflower and put in a blender with a little cheese.
Once the pie filling is cooked, take off the stove and fill a pie dish. Pat the filling down so that all areas of the dish are covered, then cover the filling with the mashed up cauliflower.
Add a little cheese to the top and bake in the over for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese on the top has turned golden.







Enjoy!!
Jolie x



No comments:

Post a Comment