Thursday 29 October 2015

Pumpkin Spice Cookies

A friend of mine asked me a few weeks ago, how come I haven't been blogging and putting up recipes. Simple, I cook and bake when I'm happy, and this hasn't been that happiest few months.
Things have started to get going again. Nothing will be like it was before, I think about my dad every day,  and no day will ever be the same without him. My mum said that dad wouldn't want us to be sad and unhappy, because he was very much a happy and funny person. So lately I have been surrounding myself with happy smiley people.
I've been working alongside my brother lately. We used to be inseparable as kids, and again in our late teens, but we grew apart through our adult lives.
Coming back together again has been lovely. I really missed Ben and I have loved every day working with him. He makes me laugh and even those who work for him have all said that he seems happier than he's ever been before.

Four weeks ago I tore the soft tissue on my left foot. it was a simple step back and crunch sound that brought me to my knees in pain. I couldn't walk for three days, and when I could, it was so painful.
When something bad happens, I look a bit deeper and try to figure out why it happened and what for. If I hadn't hurt my foot that has slowed my training down to a drastically slow pace, I never would have had the time to help my brother with his company, as more of my time and focus would have been on training and competing.
Although my foot feels really good now, almost 5 weeks after the injury happened, I still pulled out of 4 competitions around the UK. It doesn't matter, as I'd rather make sure that I'm 100% fit and well going in to a competition.

So now that things are better, life is going well. I laugh more, I surround myself with my brother and get cuddles from him every time I see him, I'm happier...... So I baked!

As this weekend is Halloween, I made some pumpkin spice cookies.

Here is how I made them:

Ingredients:

150g Ground Almonds
2 Tbsp of Flax Seeds
2 Tbsp of honey
2 Tbsp of Coconut oil
1 Tsp of Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp of Pumpkin Spice
1 Tsp of Mixed Spice

Method:

Place the ground almonds in a mixing bowl along with the flax seeds, spices and cinnamon.
Melt the coconut oil and add the honey to make the mixture nice and runny. Place the honey and coconut oil in the mixing bowl. Combine everything together, and make small balls, then flatten them on a baking sheet. Place them in the oven at 180 degrees Celcius for 10 minutes.
Cool down on the tray for a few minutes, and enjoy with a cup of green tea.

Enjoy!

Jolie x

2 comments:

  1. Spot on with this article, I really think this website needs more attention. I'll probably be back to read more, thanks for the info.
    free restaurant point sale

    ReplyDelete